This Policy supports Every Home Matters’ Sustainability Policy and is the basis of our strategy for dealing with waste. We are committed to minimising the environmental impacts with waste produced during our operations.
We will do this by:
- complying with legislation
- utilising Project Waste Management Plans where appropriate.
- using and promoting the waste hierarchy to prevent waste arising and avoiding waste to landfill
- providing office recycling facilities
- segregating as many waste streams as is feasible on projects and in office
- training staff and operatives on the importance of good waste strategy
- reducing hazardous waste by encouraging the use of alternatives
- purchasing recycled products when feasible to encourage recycling and the manufacture of recycled products
- purchasing, when feasible, products which can be easily recycled
- monitoring and reporting waste produced and diverted from landfill
This policy is effective from 01 April 2016