Website Policies & Statements
A number of steps have been taken to make our website accessible to visitors.
- A link to this page appears at the foot of every page.
- The ability to adjust the font size is clearly available at the foot of every page.
- Plain text has been chosen instead of images or script for the majority of content.
- Minimal horizontal scrolling is required when screen zoom is set up to 250%.
- Every effort has been made to provide alternative text for imagery.
- Images can be turned off without losing the ability to navigate the site; the site is structured in a way that a lack of images should not impede the understanding of text content.
- Silverlight has not been used on this site.
- Cross-browser testing has been undertaken with Internet Explorer, Safari, Safari (Mobile), Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Opera (User Mode) on Mac and PC platforms.
- Smaller image files have been used throughout to benefit those on slower Internet connections.
- The site has been designed with enough contrast to be legible on inverted screens.
- By optimising the site for a relatively small screen size, a number of devices can have access including laptops, tablets, notebooks and smartphones.
- A linear text hierarchy has been used throughout and tested both with tables and style sheets turned off; content has been optimised to work with screen readers.
If you encounter any accessibility issues, or have suggestions for areas we can improve, please contact us.
This policy is effective from 01 April 2016