This policy encompasses our approach to sustainability and social responsibility. It covers all three pillars of sustainability. We seek to apply the principles of sustainability throughout our business. We are committed to continual improvement and to the delivery of more sustainable products, business processes and practices in areas where we have direct control or the ability to influence others. Our aim is operate to the highest professional standards to meet the needs of all.
Our sustainability strategy covers three key areas:
- Provide opportunities for our people to develop their skills and to provide training for them to reach this goal.
- Meet national and international standards of social responsibility, including social inclusion, equality and human rights.
- Conduct our business activities to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all individuals affected by our activities.
- Progressively increase resource efficiency, reduce dependence on non renewable resources and reduce our carbon footprint.
- Minimise waste to landfill.
- Prevent pollution and protect biodiversity
Prosperity – Economic issues
- Engage with communities in key areas relative to our business.
- Progressively improve the capability and sustainability of Every Home Matters and of our supply chain.
- Improve the dialogue and communication with all relevant individuals with whom our business engages.
This policy is effective from 01 April 2016